WKPWP - Mailbag w/Keller & Powell talking Goldberg win, Velveteen Dream's character, NWA Squared, AEW on WrestleMania weekend, more
(Search "wade keller" to subscribe in podcast app or CLICK HERE to subscribe in Apple Podcasts.)
WWE issued a press release Thursday morning announcing more stats and information from WrestleMania 32 at AT&T Stadium in Texas.
– WrestleMania 32 was the “most social event in WWE history,” generating 2.5 million mentions on Twitter during the day and 1.3 million mentions during the broadcast. WWE said this was an increase of 50 percent and 18 percent, respectively, compared to WM31 last year.
– WWE Network subscribers viewed 21.7 million hours of programming during WrestleMania Week, or 12 hours per subscriber.
– WrestleMania generated $4.55 million in WrestleMania merchandise revenue, blowing away $1.2 million at WM31 last year. The wide variety of merchandise and use of the iconic Texas state shape for “WrestleMania Texas” helped sales.
- WWE could have made even more money at the Smackdown TV taping in Houston two nights later, but they did not have WM32 merchandise for sale at the Merchandise Truck outside of the Toyota Center.
– WrestleMania data usage at AT&T Stadium totaled 8.6 TB, setting a new stadium record. WWE compared it to the 2015 College Football Title Game at AT&T Stadium, with WM32 generating 36 percent more data traffic.
- WWE benefited from a near-seven-hour show compared to a three-and-a-half hour football game.