SPOTLIGHTED PODCAST ALERT (YOUR ARTICLE BEGINS A FEW INCHES DOWN)...
WWE announced Friday a new qualifying match for the Global Cruiserweight Series.
The match will feature international stars Noam Dar vs. Josh Bodom at Revolution Pro on Sunday, May 1 in London.
The situation is Noam Dar was already announced for the GCS tournament. However, PWTorch has learned that the qualifying matches are not part of the 32-man field.
It’s the same situation with Zack Sabre, Jr., who was announced for the tournament, then placed in a qualifying match.
WWE mistakingly included Sabre, Jr. and Noam Dar in the list of official tournament entrants. They are likely to win their matches, but are not officially in the 32-man field.
GCS Qualifying Matches
- Zack Sabre, Jr. vs. Flash Morgan Webster
- Jack Gallagher vs. Pete Dunne
- Noam Dar vs. Josh Bodom
- Drew Gulak vs. Tracy Williams
- Fred Yehi vs. T.J. Perkins
Current GCS Involved Wrestlers
- Zack Sabre, Jr. (U.K.) (bumped back to qualifier)
- Johnny Gargano (NXT/indies)
- Tommaso Ciampa (NXT/indies)
- Rich Swann (NXT)
- Akira Tozawa (Dragon Gate Japan)
- Noam Dar (U.K.) (bumped back to qualifier)
- Ho Ho Lun (Asia region)
Not officially announced:
- Kota Ibushi (Japan)
- Lince Dorado (indies)
- Drew Gulak (WWNLive)
- Tracy Williams (WWNLive)
- Fred Yehi (WWNLive)
- T.J. Perkins (WWNlive)
- Flash Morgan Webster (U.K.)
- Jack Gallagher (U.K.)
- Pete Dunne (U.K.)
- Josh Bodom (U.K.)