WADE KELLER PODCAST - Royal Rumble preview with Sam Roberts
(Search "wade keller" to subscribe in podcast app or CLICK HERE to subscribe in Apple Podcasts.)
Ring of Honor is going with the same main event at this year’s “Best in the World” PPV event as last year.
This time, Jay Lethal will be defending the ROH World Title against Jay Briscoe. Last year, Lethal won the ROH Title from Briscoe to begin his current title reign.
ROH will be marketing their next PPV main event as Lethal trying to go one full year as ROH World champion at “Best in the World” on Friday, June 24 in North Carolina.
The announcement was made at Wednesday night’s “War of the Worlds” tour stop in Toronto. ROH then released on Thursday a preliminary hype video for Lethal vs. Briscoe.
— Joel Pearl (@THEJoelPearl) May 11, 2016
On Thursday, ROH announced the full talent roster for Best in the World.
Moose is not included on the initial roster, but Roderick Strong is included. ROH is waiting on Moose’s status when his contract comes due in June, while Strong’s contract is due after the PPV.
- ROH World champ Jay Lethal
- The Briscoes
- ROH TV champion Bobby Fish
- ROH tag champions The Addiction (Daniels & Kazarian)
- Young Bucks (Nick & Matt Jackson)
- Former ROH tag champs War Machine (Ray Rowe & Hanson)
- Motor City Machineguns (Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin)
- All Night Express (Rhett Titus & Kenny King)
- Dalton Castle
- Roderick Strong
- Donovak Dijak
- Lio Rush
- Donovan Dijak
- New Japan’s Kamaitachi