SPOTLIGHTED PODCAST ALERT (YOUR ARTICLE BEGINS A FEW INCHES DOWN)...
June 2016 is shaping up to be a huge month on the wrestling calendar. The following is an initial list of key events/dates over the next 30 days.
Friday, June 17
– The Rock: The next big movie starring “The Rock” Dwayne Johnson hits U.S. theaters. Rock co-stars with comedian Kevin Hart in the buddy-cop movie.
– SHINE 35: The next SHINE Women’s Wrestling PPV airs on WWNLive.com from Ybor City, Florida featuring the champions of SHINE, SHIMMER, and TNA on one show.
Sunday, June 19
– NJPW “Dominion 2016” PPV: New Japan’s annual “Dominion” PPV airs early Sunday morning featuring three big matches:
- IWGP World Title match: Naito vs. Kazuchika Okada
- IWGP IC Title match: Kenny Omega vs. Tanahashi in a ladder match
- NEVER Openweight Title match: Yuji Nagata vs. Shibata
– WWE MITB PPV: WWE returns to Las Vegas for the Money in the Bank PPV featuring three big matches.
- WWE World Hvt. Title match: Roman Reigns vs. Seth Rollins
- John Cena vs. A.J. Styles
- MITB ladder match for future WWE Title shot
Tuesday, June 21
– C.M. Punk: A case management conference is scheduled in Cook County (Chicago, Ill.) Circuit Court reviewing the latest from WWE’s Dr. Amann vs. Punk & Colt Cabana lawsuit. The trial is scheduled to begin on June 27…
Thursday, June 23
– WWE GCS: The first TV taping for WWE’s Cruiserweight tournament is June 23 at Full Sail University in Florida.
Friday, June 24
– ROH BITW PPV: Ring of Honor’s “Best in the World” next live cable PPV airs on Friday night at 9:00 p.m. EST featuring three big title matches.
- ROH World Title match: Jay Lethal vs. Jay Briscoe
- ROH TV Title match: Bobby Fish vs. Dalton Castle
- ROH Tag Title match: The Addiction vs. Tag Wars 2016 winning team
Sunday, June 26
– WAGS: Season 2 of E!’s “WAGS” TV show premieres at 10:00 p.m. EST featuring former WWE star Kelly Kelly (Barbie Blank).
Monday, June 27
– C.M. Punk: The trial of Dr. Amann vs. C.M. Punk & Colt Cabana is scheduled to begin at 9:30 a.m. EST. Judge Marcia Maras has been assigned the trial. Judge Janet Brosnahan handled the pre-trial court hearings.