ROH All-Star Extravaganza PPV Results
September 30, 2016
In-person Report by Sean Radican, PWTorch columnist
Read Radican’s tweets from the event @SeanRadican.
Dark match: Silas Young beat EVIL and Will Ferrara in a triple threat match with Misery on Ferrara.
(1) ROH TV champion Bobby Fish beat Donovan Dijak (w/Prince Nana) to retain the ROH TV Title. Really good opener. Fish retained with a choke. The hometown crowd wanted to see Dijak win badly.
(2) Colt Cabana & Dalton Castle beat ANX (Rhett Titus & Kenny King w/The Cabinet), Shane Taylor & Keith Lee, and War Machine (Hanson & Rowe) in a four-team match to become #1 contenders to the ROH World Tag Team Championship. Another awesome match. Castle got the win with the bang-a-rang on Titus.
(3) Dragon Lee beat Kamaitachi. Lee won with a package suplex out of the powerbomb position. Tremendous match.
(4) Kyle O’Reilly beat Hangman Page. O’Reilly won with an armbar. The match was flat as the crowd just couldn’t come back up after the previous match
(5) ROH Six-Man Tag Title Opening Round match: A.C.H. & KUSHIDA & Jay White beat IWGP Hvt. Tag Team champions The Briscoes (Mark & Jay Briscoe) & NOAH Tag Team champion Toru Yano. Fun match. A.C.H. pinned Yano with the midnight star leading his team to the second round.
(6) Jay Lethal beat IWGP IC champion Tetsuya Naito (w/EVIL) in a non-title match. Naito attached ROH ring announcer Bobby Cruise while Lethal was making his entrance. Lethal ran into the ring and the match was on. Lethal ended up overcoming EVIL pulling the ref and interfering and he pinned Naito with the Lethal Lnjection. This got better and better as it went on and the crowd really got into it late.
(7) ROH World champion Adam Cole beat Michael Elgin to retain the ROH World Title. Cole retained in a good match against Elgin with a brainbuster. the crowd got into it late.
(8) ROH World Tag Team champions The Addiction (Christopher Daniels & Frankie Kazarian) vs. MCMG (Alex Shelley & Chris Daniels) vs. The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson) – Ladder War 6.
Incredible match with a ton of table spots. Kamaitachi and Jay White also got involved as well. The Young Bucks hit an IndyTaker to the floor at one point when Nick got pushed off the ladder and turned it into the IndyTaker with Matt holding Daniels.
Later in the match Nick had the belts won, but Matt wanted another IndyTaker when he had Kazarian set up on the top turnbuckle. Nick hit the move and the Young Bucks grabbed the belts a short time later to win.
WINNERS: Young Bucks captured the ROH Tag Titles.
Post-match, Daniels and Kazarian got a big “thank you” chant after the match, as his pre-show promo had hinted that if he lost the titles here, it would be his last time holding the belts. This was just as good if not better than the TLC matches with The Hardys vs. Edge & Christian vs. The Dudley Boyz.