SPOTLIGHTED PODCAST ALERT (YOUR ARTICLE BEGINS A FEW INCHES DOWN)...
WWE LIVE EVENT REPORT – RAW BRAND
JUNE 30, 2017
TOKYO, JAPAN AT SUMO HALL
REPORT BY TOM LEE, PWTORCH CORRESPONDENT
(1) Chris Jericho beat Hideo Itami with the Walls of Jericho.
(2) Titus O’Neal pinned Bo Dallas after the Crash of Titus.
(3) Neville beat Austin Aries and Akira Tozawa in a Triple Threat match. Tozawa hit his diving senton on Aries, but Neville ran in and threw Tozawa out of the ring to steal the win.
(4) Sheamus & Cesaro beat Heath Slater & Rhyno when Sheamus gave Rhyno the Brogue Kick.
Enzo Amore came out with his usual mic work but was attacked by Big Cass from behind.
(5) Team Ambrose & Set Rollins beat The Miz & Samoa Joe when Ambrose hit Dirty Deeds on The Miz for the win.
(6) Bayley & Sasha Banks & Asuka beat Alexa Bliss & Nia Jax & Emma when Asuka made Emma tapout to the Asuka Lock. Bayley was an almost unknown. I saw maybe four or five of her shirts and when she came out there were just a few vocal fans but pretty much silence. Sasha, on the other hand, got a huge pop.
(7) Finn Balor beat Karl Anderson. Anderson tried to his Balor with the one-winged angel, but failed. Then Balor hit the Coup de Gras.
(8) Roman Reigns pinned Bray Wyatt. Bray attempted Sister Abigail, but Reigns escaped and hit the spear for the win.
NOTES: Having just been to New Japan Dominion earlier this month, the crowd was COMPLETELY different. There wasn’t the quiet and serious atmosphere that Osaka Jo Hall had. The importance of the matches obviously plays a part in that, but the crowd was closer to a standard WWE crowd. Lots of people dressed up, including me, making for a really fun atmosphere… In general, the crowd was very pro-babyface. Rather than booing, the heels they just supported the babyfaces… As far as t-shirts go, lots of Roman Reigns gear and lots of people wearing it. Cena gear was also on sale, but not many people wearing it. Lots of Balor and Bullet Club shirts, but to my surprise Ambrose shirts were very popular…
BIGGEST FACE POPS:
– Finn Balor and Roman Reigns, about the same maybe even slightly more for Reigns
– Seth Rollins
-Asuka (a distant fourth)
MOST HEEL HEAT
– The Club
– Big Cass
If you attend a live event, send results to email@example.com.