SPOTLIGHTED PODCAST ALERT (YOUR ARTICLE BEGINS A FEW INCHES DOWN)...
SHOW SUMMARY: Tom Colohue from the PWTorch VIP-exclusive show “Nick & Tom’s Intercontinental Adventure” makes his debut on “Pro Wrestling Then and Now” to relive WrestleMania 15, the first WrestleMania Tom watched. They run down the entire card, which featured the Hardcore and Intercontinental Championship defended in multi-man matches. Triple H takes on Kane and Shane McMahon defends the European Championship against X-Pac in matches that end up being intertwined. The Rock defends the WWF Championship against “Stone Cold” Steve Austin with Mankind (eventually) as the special guest referee. Topics that arise include:
- Tom’s interesting take on the Steve Austin-Rock rivalry, and a never-before thought-of comparison between the Rock of ’99 and the Miz of 2011,
- A retrospective on January 4, 1999, the night Mankind won the WWF Championship after Tony Schiavone made his famous comment and Hulk Hogan beat Kevin Nash via the “Fingerpoke of Doom.”
- When WCW really failed while WWF, with less talent, thrived.
- A brief look at the Brawl for All and sizing it up to Raw Underground from 2020.
- Where Ken Shamrock would have fared better vs. others that were pushed.
- The character development of Kane and Triple H on this night and moving forward.
- Where the women’s division was and when Tom thought it got better and why.
- Overall discussion on the Attitude Era and was it as good as most say.
- What Wade and columnists of the Torch at the time had to say about this show.
Warning: Some language on this show may be NSFW.
DIRECT LINK: VIP AUDIO LINK
NOT VIP? NO PROBLEM… CLICK HERE FOR VIP SIGN UP INFO