Thank you for your interest in becoming PWTorch VIP member! The quick list of benefits is next, followed by some extra details if you’re looking for even more information on VIP features, various ways to access those features with different devices, and a little more about us…
VIP MEMBERSHIP PRICING:
PAYMENT METHOD: We accept payment via Pay Pal, the world’s largest online and tota
lly secure payment processing service, with over 173 million users worldwide. With Pay Pal, we never see your credit card information; only Pay Pal does.
VIP MEMBERSHIP OPTIONS: We offer monthly, three-month, and one-year subscriptions, which auto-renew at the end of each term unless you cancel first.
- A one month subscription costs $10.
- A three month subscription costs $27.50.
- A one year subscription costs $99 (save $21!).
Prices are the same worldwide. We have subscribers in dozens of countries around the world! We’d love to add you as a satisfied customer.
VIP MEMBERSHIP’S MAIN FEATURES:
A PWTorch VIP membership includes many benefits in the form of ad-free access to our website on your computer and now on your phone browser (new Fall 2015!), exclusive ad-free podcasts every day, a new weekly newsletter (how Pro Wrestling Torch started in 1987), and 28 years of insider archives of audio shows and newsletters. Here’s a breakdown…
- AD-FREE MOBILE-FRIENDLY VIP SITE: Ad-free access to our lightning-fast VIP website, www.PWTorchVIP.com, with our new state-of-the-art redesign (new in fall 2015!). The new responsive-design VIP website reshapes to your phone’s browser in addition to looking on a desktop or laptop computer. PWTorch assistant editor James Caldwell covers the daily pro wrestling news with professionally written, credible, sourced articles, and VIP members can access that news ad-free every day, along with all of the other PWTorch reports and columns. (Preview a full scrollable screen capture of the new VIP website home page layout here and then click on image to magnify to view it at full size.)
- AD-FREE VIP-EXCLUSIVE PODCASTS: On average, over 100 VIP Audio Shows per month. This includes formats covering today’s scene and wrestling’s past with an unmatched wide array of hosts with special knowledge and backgrounds to cover their beat. (More details on audio show formats below.) All VIP Audio Shows are accessible for download or streaming on your computer or your phone. Our password-protected shows stream on your mobile browser on iPhone and Android (updated as of fall 2015 with direct-click streaming buttons on the VIP site) or download them via iTunes or popular podcasts apps available on iPhone or Android devices.
- A NEW PWTORCH NEWSLETTER EVERY WEEK: Posted in both PDF format and All-Text format, accessible on your phone, tablet, laptop, or desktop computer. The weekly newsletter, published since 1987 with over 1,400 issues and counting, features content notavailable to non-VIP members on the website including: Wade Keller’s cover story, Wade Keller’s feature editorials and “End Notes” columns, Bruce Mitchell’s weekly column, Greg Parks’s weekly column, Keller’s in-depth WWE Raw report with analysis throughout, Keller’s PPV Reports with star ratings, Staff Roundtable Reviews with scores, plus a mix of other special features from the staff and Torch Talk interview transcripts. It also features a one-stop overview of the news of the week in order or magnitude so you can catch up on anything you missed throughout the week. (We also offer home delivery of the paper copy Pro Wrestling Torch Weekly Newsletter, although the PDF of the entire newsletter comes with a VIP online subscription. You can sign up for paper copy home delivery here for $10 a month or $99 a year: PWTorch Newsletter Home Delivery Signup Page.)
- 28 YEARS OF INSIDER ARCHIVES: There is no larger library of authoritative, hard-hitting, backstage insider wrestling history than PWTorch’s, and VIP members get instant access to all of it! Over 1,400 back issues of the PWTorch Newsletter dating back to the late 1980s with tons of insider stories and fascinating backstage tidbits, hard-hitting editorials, PPV reports with star ratings (a great companion to watching old PPVs on WWE Network or DVDs), fascinating long-form Torch Talk interviews with pro wrestling’s biggest names (The Rock, Hulk Hogan, Mick Foley, Eric Bischoff, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, and literally hundreds more), and much more. The archives include newsletters and audio shows including vintage early 1990s and Attitude Era radio shows, plus over 10 years of VIP Audio Show archives.
There is no stack of wrestling books or no group of pro wrestling podcasts that matches the knowledge you will gain and the insider insights into how the pro wrestling business has operated over the decades than losing yourself in our decades of archives in the PWTorch VIP website.
VIP AUDIO SHOW DETAILS:
PWTorch VIP membership includes, as noted above, around 100 new audio shows per month. There are so many formats covering so many different aspects of pro wrestling, with top-shelf professional hosts who aren’t just long-time fans, but have a history of covering pro wrestling and working behind the scenes in the industry. PWTorch editor Wade Keller has assembled a team of audio hosts who provide a great mix of expertise and entertainment in covering today’s scene and yesterday’s biggest stories and events. These shows include:
- The Daily Wade Keller Hotline: Every single day for over 1,500 straight days and counting, PWTorch founder and editor Wade Keller – who in July 2015 was inducted into the George Tragos/Lou Thesz National Pro Wrestling Hall of Fame for Excellence in Pro Wrestling Journalism – covers the news of the day, answers VIP member questions, and recaps major TV shows including a detailed recap and analysis of Monday Night Raw every Monday night. Every morning, there’s a new WKH waiting for you with breaking news, insider insights, and a strong point-of-view. Some of our members get all of their news via the WKH as part of their morning routine. Reliable, entertaining, authoritative coverage of pro wrestling every single day from one of pro wrestling’s best known most trusted journalists dating back to the 1980s. These audio shows are around 15-25 minutes in length every day.
- Bruce Mitchell Audio Show (w/Wade Keller): Every weekend, PWTorch’s senior columnist (25 years on staff) Bruce Mitchell is joined by Wade Keller (and occasional guest cohosts) for two episodes, each around an hour or so in length, going in-depth on the hot topics of the week, plus providing a historical perspective. There is no one covering pro wrestling today who follows today’s scene as closely as Bruce does who also has his amazing historical knowledge all delivered with such a hard-hitting yet fair-minded point of view. Mitchell and Keller are known for their entertaining chemistry and more-than-occasional intense debates that often seem to test their 25 years of friendship. But they’re always back the next show to see what topic will set them off again. Bruce’s library of feature-length wrestling columns dating back to 1990 is available on the VIP Archives. He is known as pro wrestling’s best and most respected columnist.
- The Fix with Todd Martin (w/Wade Keller): Martin, new to the PWTorch staff in 2015, has extensive experience covering pro wrestling and mixed martial arts, including the Wrestling Observer, Sherdog, and the L.A. Times. He is a major addition to the Torch Staff, whose weekly 1-2 hour “The Fix with Todd Martin” audio show, hosted by PWTorch editor Wade Keller, has quickly risen to the top of VIP member priority-list for podcast listening. The Torch has a history of featuring a wide array of strong personalities with great knowledge on pro wrestling (for instance, former WCW Nitro cohost Mark Madden was a PWTorch columnist in the early 1990s before going to WCW), and Martin is the latest great addition to that tradition. His work ethic in watching and reading and listening to a ton of wrestling content every week is unmatched, and it shows in his weekly show with Keller. Each episode of The Fix ends with his review of the top stories and events in the world of MMA, including UFC PPV previews that are presented for both casual and hardcore MMA fans. He reviews almost all new wrestling books as they come out, also.
- PPV Audio Roundtables (Wade Keller & Co.): Perhaps our most popular and most listened to audio shows each month are the post-PPV roundtable shows. Wade Keller is joined by two other PWTorch staff members (usually Bruce Mitchell along with Todd Martin, Pat McNeill, Greg Parks, Sean Radican, Travis Bryant, or James Caldwell) for around one hour as soon as major live PPV events conclude. They dive right into breaking down and analyzing the main events and work their way through the undercard, bringing decades of experience covering pro wrestling to their analysis of these live showcase events. (Don’t forget, as a VIP member, you get access to hundreds of Audio Roundtables when you sign up dating back to the early 2000s, plus vintage pro wrestling radio shows dating back to the early 1990s reviewing previous PPVs.)
- The Wayback Playback: Pat McNeill (columnist since 2001) and Jim Valley (former Attitude Era radio show host and PWTorch contributor for years) watch one hour of vintage wrestling with real-time commentary and insider insights. A new show drops every Sunday, and often includes hour-by-hour coverage of a complete wrestling event.
- Moonlighting with Greg Parks: Greg and a rotation of guests discuss a wide variety of TV shows including Smackdown, ROH, Impact, NXT, Breaking Ground, Table for 3, and more. Greg’s weekly columns in the Pro Wrestling Torch Newsletter have been a reliable staple for years, and he brings his years of closely following wrestling, reading wrestling books, attending wrestling events, and being a student of the industry to his informed, opinionated analysis of a wide array of wrestling programs during the week.
- Wrestling Audio Community with Sean Radican: Sean is PWTorch’s indy and Japan specialist. His coverage of ROH, EVOLVE, New Japan, and other indy and alternative wrestling promotions is highly regarded throughout the industry. For over ten years, Sean brings his expertise from his extensive monthly viewing of tons of indy content along with insights from his many contacts behind the scenes to his VIP audio show.
- PWTorch East Coast Cast – Extended VIP Edition: Travis Bryant (cohost of the Friday PWTorch Livecast with Bruce Mitchell) and his cohosts present an entertaining, sometimes laid back, sometimes rant-filled overview of the week in wrestling with a cast of regular callers. This NSFW format is a favorite among many VIP members.
- Ad-Free PWTorch Livecasts with VIP Aftershows: This daily live call-in show is available for non-VIP members, but only VIP members get an edited ad-free/plug-free edition of the show along with VIP Aftershow segments including the extended Tuesday edition with Wade Keller and ProWrestling.net’s Jason Powell, the Wednesday VIP Aftershow with Pat McNeill & James Caldwell, and extended exclusive content from Interview Thursday with many of the guests.
- Pro Wrestling Spotlight Retro Radio w/John Arezzi: Each month, new editions (sometimes 2-3 editions) of this New York-based radio show that ran from the late-1980s through the mid-1990s is posted. John Arezzi hosted the show and covered pro wrestling’s hottest topics and interviewed some of pro wrestling’s biggest names during its six year run. PWTorch has exclusive rights to feature these shows online for the first time ever. These shows have not been heard since they originally aired in New York 20 years ago! Guests include vintage early Paul Heyman and Mick Foley interviews, plus Freddie Blassie, Jim Ross, Lou Thesz, Buddy Rogers, Fabulous Moolah, Nikolai Volkoff, Terry Funk, Bruno Sammartino, Too Cold Scorpio, Tammy Sytch (Sunny), “Cowboy” Bob Orton, Missy Hyatt, Jesse Ventura, Ultimate Warrior, and many more. Frequent guest analysts breaking down the news of the week include PWTorch’s Wade Keller and Wrestling Observer editor Dave Meltzer.
- “Total Chaos” Attitude Era Radio w/Jim Valley: During the Attitude Era, radio vet Jim Valley hosted a weekly call-in radio show in Portland, Ore. with big name guests and special analysts breaking down the insider news of the week. This compelling time capsule gives you a glimpse at real-time perspective on the biggest modern boom period in this industry with coverage of the Raw vs. Nitro battle, the fall of WCW, and turmoil behind the scenes in both companies, and other news outside of WWE and WCW.
- VIP Audio Show Archives: On an ongoing basis, VIP audio shows from 10 years ago are posted near their anniversary date so you can follow along with PWTorch’s insider perspective on news and listen to PPV roundtables from the mid-2000s.
- Audio Archive Access: The above shows are part of the monthly mix of new shows posted on the VIP website and the VIP audio feed. VIP members also get access to our audio archives which includes the entire run of the Wade Keller-hosted Pro Wrestling Focus radio show from KFAN that ran from 1991 to 1993 including big-name interviews and hard-hitting journalist roundtables. Also, select Jim Valley’s Attitude Era “Total Chaos” radio shows are also in the archives featuring interviews and commentary and live callers. More of these shows are expected to be added over time, also! Also gain access to over 20 WrestleMania Retro Roundtables dating back to the first WrestleMania with PWTorch staff gathering to look back at and discuss each of the events from top to bottom with insider stores on backstage happenings and maneuverings, evaluating match finishes and the politics behind them, and whether the event has stood the test of time.
Harrison C.: “The PPV Roundtable shows with you and the other contributors are super-captivating. That is one of the main reasons I am coming back. I listen to a bunch of podcasts (Ring Rust Radio, Sam Roberts, AfterBuzzTV) but yours gives the best insight.”
- Chris Smith: “Thank you for all the great work you and your staff do day in and day out to provide such great news and analysis. I had been hesitant to subscribe to a wrestling site in the past but, once I got a chance to sample all that goes along with the VIP membership, I couldn’t imagine life without it. I’ve been a VIP for two-and-a-half years and look forward to continuing in the years to come.”
- Patrick Hogan: “I have being listening to you for months signed up to VIP. Wow! I am hooked its great.”
- Greg Holder of Ohio: “I just wanted to take a minute to let you know how extremely happy I am with my new PWTorch subscription. I’ve been hearing your guests spots on the Steve Austin Show over the past year and your excellent analysis and professional tone finally inspired me to subscribe to your publication. I am so glad that I did! As someone who writes for a living (I’m a copywriter for a major retail company), I can’t tell you how much I appreciate the way you write and talk about professional wrestling. It’s such a breath of fresh air compared to most of what’s out there, which is ‘fan-made’ level at best. Hearing and reading wrestling analysis from a professional journalist is like a dream come true for me. And the fact that your decades of print and audio archives are available to subscribers is icing on the cake. Such an incredible value for the price. Anyway, thanks for all that you and your team do at PW Torch. I look forward to being a subscriber for many years to come.”
- Marty H.: “Thanks for the excellent work you and the staff provide. I enjoy the community feel that the Torch has.“
- Scott Passner: “Loving the new site. It looks amazing and my Torch VIP Subscription is the best money I spend each month. Keep up the great work!”
- Jason Kautzman: “This week’s Todd Martins podcasts were absolutely fantastic, Wade. Compelling, well thought out commentary throughout. Many of your audio shows fit right in with the most popular and well respected sports, comedy and occasional political podcasts that I listen to daily. Nice work!”
- JC from Ontario: “Along with the daily Wade Keller Hotlines and Tuesday Livecast, Retro Audio, and PPV Roundtables, there’s a ton of great content every week and I thank the entire staff! It’s well worth the $10 and makes the commute to work enjoyable.“
- Andrew Deleon: “I want to thank you for the amazing work you and your staff do year in and year out. I have been a subscriber since 1997. What you provide for the money is amazing and I can’t fathom not having a membership with the Torch.”
- Joe Jewett: “I honestly feel somewhat guilty that my subscription is at such a low price. The value I receive is tremendous. Thanks for the exceptional work. I don’t actually watch any current pro wrestling on TV except for the PPV’s on WWE Network, but I could never see myself not having a subscription to the Torch.“
- Brad Higgins: “The Bruce Mitchell show and Todd Martin shows are simply great . I also appreciate the Daily Keller audio as they are a great way to keep up with the ins and outs of the business on a busy schedule. Thanks again for all that you do.”
- Geoff from London, UK: “I wanted to say thanks for the great work you and your team do on the newsletter and audio shows. One of the best things I did since resubscribing last year is to download the Downcast app and start listening to your VIP shows on my iPhone. They are great for the commute to work or to have on when relaxing in the evenings or weekends. It is fascinating hearing the industry documented and critiqued in such an intelligent fashion. And not forgetting the newsletter too, which I enjoy reading each week.”
- Larry L.: “I’ve been listening to your podcast and going to your website for years, but decided to join VIP today and I’m glad I did! Holy cow is there a ton of info for VIP members! I am really excited about this! Feels like Christmas morning when I was a little kid! Thanks for everything! My wife is happy because it keeps me so busy that I don’t annoy her anymore!”
- Lewis Hoarty from England: “Having just become a VIP member two weeks ago due listening to you on Steve Austin’s podcast, I just wanted to say how much its saving my life!! Best £10 I can remember spending. It’s a better value than the WWE Network. So thanks for you efforts.”
- Sinth K. of Toronto, Ont: “I’ve been VIP for about a year and, simply put, you and your staff cover the genre I love in the most objective and journalistic manner I have seen anywhere. The way I see it, if anyone wants to consider themselves a serious pro wrestling fan or a “student of the game,” then they are also a PWTorch VIP member, because in my mind you’re not serious if you’re not VIP. Thanks for your time and keep up the amazing work.”
- Jonathan Lang of New Jersey: “I heard you on Jim Ross’s podcast and I signed up for the VIP membership. I am really glad I did. The coverage and content is above and beyond terrific. Thank you so much. I really enjoy your audio features every day and I really like your perspective on the business. I am constantly amazed and always thinking about how much you guys do, it’s truly incredible, updates EVERY DAY! I can’t even fathom what it takes to make this happen, the sacrifices and all that goes into it, so thank you. I am a huge fan, and I value the printed newsletters greatly as well, I always look forward to it in the mail; it’s printed so conveniently. I love to fold it up and put it in my back pocket and then read it over lunch. Something I look forward to every week. As long as I am following Wrestling I will be VIP. Your service greatly enhances the overall experience of being a fan of this industry and a lot of times following your coverage, Wade, is half the fun.“
- Bryan Smith: “I signed up for VIP using the Steve Austin show promo and I wanted to give two points of praise: (1) Excellent job with the new audio quality. I listen to a lot of podcasts, and right now your hotline and the Bruce Mitchell audio sound better than anything else I stream. (2) The archived newsletters are the only place online where I’ve founded a well written backlog of quality, professional insider wrestling content. Fantastic. Keep up the strong work.”
- Anthony Mamo: “I’ve been a VIP member since December and it’s fantastic so thank you!”
- Tom Campbell: “Just wanted to drop you a quick note and let you know that the changes you recently made to the audio feeds are great. I can hear the difference in the audio shows, they are much clearer and people (a/k/a Bruce) doesn’t fade out like he used to. Also, the new way to subscribe to a feed by individual show is fantastic. It is so much easier to work with now that I can just download the shows that I listen to frequently. It is also much easier to get to the PWTorch newsletter. All in all, I love the changes. Keep up the good work, I only wish the WWE followed your example and constantly tried to put out a better product!”
- Chris Holland: “I’m a new VIP member. I signed up when the UK got the Network date pushed back with mindset of ‘I’ll do Torch until we get the Network and then cancel’ but the quality of the content on VIP has made that impossible for me to do. Keep up the good work.”
- Matt: “I would like to thank you for all of the hard work you and your team puts in on a daily basis to provide us with the latest wrestling news and analysis. You are clearly the gold standard of the business, and inspire me to do what I do. I became a VIP member last month and I couldn’t be happier with my decision. The value certainly exceeds the price of the membership and would recommend any wrestling fan give it a try.“
- Brian Blogan: “Thankfully, I enjoyed your free audio shows so much I became a VIP subscriber. Your professional critique on all aspects of this business has given me hope.”
- Paul Menard: “I’ve been a fan for a while and heard you on the Steve Austin podcast. There are so many things that make me embarrassed to be a wrestling fan now days. You always conduct yourself intelligently and present your case in a logical yet open-minded way. I can’t tell you how refreshing that is. I like supporting the people who make me proud to be a wrestling fan.”
- Jeff Wilhelm of Houston, Tex.: “I’m a new VIP member and glad I finally made the jump. Your material is beyond what I was expecting. Thanks again for this wealth of information.”
- Rob McNichol: “I felt the need to commend PWTorch on delivering a consistent high quality product – especially the audio content. This weekend featured a really good hour of broadcasting. You and Bruce Mitchell disagreed, but it was a strong, honest, well-spirited, but fairly conducted debate. It is so great to hear an intelligent dialogue on wrestling that does not cater to ‘fanboys,’ nor snarkily rip into wrestling for cheap laughs. It treats the topic – and the listener – with respect. Moreover, I am consistently impressed with the neutrality shown, especially by you, Bruce, and Jason Powell. Most people have ‘favourites’ who can do no wrong. I try not to do that, and can see that you guys don’t either. Keep up the good work.”
- Neil MacDonald: “You guys are on fire lately.”
- Lerixx Gascott: “I have been subscribing on and off since ’87 or ’88. I first saw an advertisement in Pro Wrestling Illustrated for four PWTorch Newsletters for $5 (or something like that) and have been hooked ever since. You should be damn proud of what you and your entire staff put together for your subscribers. Hard-hitting journalism with a little humor? Can’t be beat. And Wade, I listen to all audio as a VIP member on the 4, 5, and 7 train going to and from work. I’d rather listen and learn from the Great Bruce Mitchell then read whatever drivel the NY Post or NY Daily News will spew out in the morning. Well worth my money.”
- Nelson Paredes of Bronx, NY: “Don’t ever change your ways and continue to report the truth. What you, Bruce, and the rest of the staff do is remarkable. I enjoy giving you my hard-earned money because you don’t insult our intelligence. Good or bad, gentlemen, you report the truth. Thank you. Hope you guys have a great day and I cannot wait to renew the Torch in December for another year.”
- Ben Harris: “I subscribed to your newsletter back during the Monday Night War, but soon became a lapsed fan throughout most of the 2000s. I started watching Raw again around 2011 and found your website and signed up for VIP about 2 years ago. Even after canceling my DirectTV last year and watching no wrestling at all, I maintained my VIP membership. The reason? I love the inside view of the business and especially understanding the history of the business by listening to the Bruce Mitchell Audio Show. your interviews, WrestleMania Roundtables, etc. The daily hotline updates are also a must listen every day at work.
- Dru Jones of Liverpool, England: “Just would also like to say I am a huge fan of the Torch. The quality of work you and your team do to provide such brilliant content is fantastic and I am hooked daily. Thank you. I hardly even listen to music in my car these days, mostly Torch audio, ha ha.”
- Jason Biringer: “I must commend you on the sheer volume of content, the quality of the content, and the unbelievable attention you pay to your subscribers. It’s impressive. I grow exhausted just imagining how much time you put into your business.”
- John Agostini: “I would like to say The Torch is the best! I haven’t regretted it since I signed up.”
- Taylor Gaddy: “I can’t imagine life without the Torch! It’s the best money I spend!”