KELLER & POWELL FLAGSHIP (12/5)
(Search "wade keller" to subscribe in podcast app)
WWE returned to Full Sail on Thursday night for the latest set of NXT TV tapings. Included below are full SPOILER Results for three NXT episodes building to the next “Takeover” special.
WWE NXT TV taping results
October 22, 2015
Full Sail University
Report by Josh Parry, PWTorch correspondent
Dark Match: Hugo Knox beat Riddick Moss. I’ve only seen Knox in action twice and he already gets on my nerves. He’s a big guy whose gimmick is essentially being a terrible dancer.
Episode 1 Results
(1) Asuka squashed Cameron
(2) Bull Dempsey beat Angelo Dawkins
(3) Eva Marie beat Gionna Daddio
(4) NXT Championship match: Apollo Crews beat Finn Balor via DQ; Balor retained the title. The DQ came when Baron Corbin came down and attacked Crews, then Balor. Samoa Joe made the save before laying into Finn and delivering the Muscle Buster. Great main event and epic heel turn by Joe!
Episode 2 Results
(1) Adrian Reese (not sure if my spelling of her new name is accurate, but she was Athena on the indies) beat Payton Royce. Adrian’s finisher is a front-flip from the top rope into a stunner. Yes, she “got all of it.”
(2) Baron Corbin vs. Tye Dillinger never got started. Apollo Crews attacked Corbin before the bell. The crowd was indignant with Corbin and on fire for Crews. This feud is so hot.
(3) The Hype Bros (Zack Ryder & Mojo Rawley) & NXT Women’s champion Bayley beat Alexa Bliss & Buddy Murphy & Wesley Blake in a mixed tag match. For mixed-tag standards, this was very good and felt like it got a lot of time.
(4) Nia Jax squashed Dianna.
(5) Dash Wilder & Scott Dawson beat The Vaudevillains (Simon Gotch & Aiden English) to become new NXT Tag Team Champions! This came as a shock to many. Maybe crowd reaction was great.
Samoa Joe came out to cut a promo on Finn Balor. Joe said that he carried Balor through the Dusty Tournament and felt disrespected when Finn didn’t try to veto William Regal’s decree that he had to compete in a battle royal before being able to have a title match. Balor came to the ring to confront Joe. It broke down into a pull-apart brawl. Finn ended up passing out to the coquina clutch when the referees couldn’t break Joe’s grip.
Episode 3 Results
(1) Nia Jax beat Carmella. Good showing for Jax in her first competitive match. She clicked well as a heel versus Carmella.
(2) Jason Jordan & Chad Gable beat The Ascension. This was surprisingly really, really good. I was not expecting much going in.
(3) Emma squashed Mary Kate.
(4) NXT tag champs Dash Wilder & Scott Dawson squashed Cory Hollis & John Skylar.
(5) Bayley beat Alexa Bliss to retain the NXT Women’s Championship.
Post-match, Eva Marie came out and announced that William Regal has granted her an NXT Women’s Championship match for next week. Eva could barely talk over the boos and heckling.
[End of Show]
This was definitely the best taping that I can remember going to. The whole thing flew by! Every episode had something truly eventful, everything served a purpose, and the match quality was generally high.
Conspicuous by their absences were James Storm, Dana Brooke, Tyler Breeze, and Enzo & Cass. Either they are getting called up, they were not available, or there’s just nothing going on for this lot until next month.
The return date is November 19, and tickets have already sold out online.