SPOTLIGHTED PODCAST ALERT (YOUR ARTICLE BEGINS A FEW INCHES DOWN)...
– John Cena is not advertised for Monday’s Raw in San Diego the night after Hell in a Cell. However, Randy Orton curiously is. WWE sent out an email blast to their San Diego mailing list on Friday advertising Roman Reigns, Orton, and Dean Ambrose against WWE World Hvt. champion Seth Rollins, Bray Wyatt, and Sheamus in the bonus main event.
– WWE is planning a Brock Lesnar DVD release in 2016, reports WrestlingDVDNetwork.com. Included will be a new documentary and historical matches from Lesnar’s career.
– WWE has edited out Lesnar’s line “gotta feed the Jew,” in reference to Paul Heyman, from replays of Lesnar’s podcast interview with “Stone Cold” Steve Austin on WWE Network.
– Kofi Kingston talked to Tech Times about New Day, the Dudleys, video games, and technology. It’s a really interesting interview covering a lot of ground. Kofi shared a humorous story traveling with New Day on the road that captures their dynamic on TV.
“There was one time actually where [laughs], we pulled up to a hotel and I forget what it was, but one of us lost a bet, so the consequence was Xavier had to do all of the booking of the rooms and checking in with an English accent. So, he comes in at like 4:00 in the morning with an English accent and the lady [at the hotel] isn’t trying to hear it. So, he’s talking [in English accent], ‘I need to check in, my name is Xavier’ and the lady is calming him down and telling him to be quiet. The funny thing is she called Big E. the wrong name, which we still call him to this day.”
– Thursday’s episode of WWE Smackdown cracked Nielsen’s Twitter TV Ratings. After not being ranked the previous two weeks, Smackdown ranked #3 among series & specials with the most Twitter uniques in two months, likely due to Tyler Breeze’s main roster debut.
– It was a big pro wrestling night on cable TV Thursday night. Smackdown was on Syfy, The Miz was on MTV, Paige was on TBS’s “Conan,” and a comedian dressed up like Ric Flair on the “@Midnight” show on Comedy Central. The comedian, Ron Funches, answered all questions verbally and written as Flair as part of a Halloween themed edition. (Flair Video Clip)
– WWE sent out an email blast about their WrestleMania promotion/ticket giveaway partnering with DraftKings. Most interesting was the subject of the email: “See Roman Reigns LIVE at WrestleMania 32!” Reigns seems like an odd choice to market as the top star to win a contest to see compete at WrestleMania. However, Reigns is the top star featured in the email graphic standing front-and-center next to Dean Ambrose, Ryback, Sheamus, and Titus O’Neil.