SPOTLIGHTED PODCAST ALERT (YOUR ARTICLE BEGINS A FEW INCHES DOWN)...
WWE Live show results
November 5, 2015
Report by Kevin O’Donnell, PWTorch reader
The crowd was very good. About 11,000 in the 12,000-seat arena. The show started with Lilian Garcia singing the Scottish national anthem.
(1) Neville beat Stardust with the Red Arrow in the opening match. Stardust got some heat and then Neville got the feel-good victory to get the show off to a good start.
(2) Damien Sandow beat Heath Slater with a roll-up in a nothing match.
King Barrett then came out and put in the performance of the night. He ripped on Glasgow and said that there are no Scottish wrestlers in the WWE because they are all “pish” (a very Scottish word!). He then said we should cheer him because he’s our local hero (cue mega-heat). Jack Swagger came out to interrupt.
(3) Jack Swagger beat King Barrett via submission with the Patriot Lock in a decent match.
(4) The Wyatts beat The Usos & Dean Ambrose in a six-man tag match. The won via submission when Braun Strowman put one of the Usos in a bear hug. The Usos were a lot more over than I’d have thought and Ambrose got a great reaction.
(5) Ryback beat IC champion Kevin Owens via DQ; Owens retained the Intercontinental Title. Glasgow has a decent wrestling scene and as such Owens got some cheers. Pretty nothing match with a poor ending as Owens was DQ’s for an eye rake.
(6) Natalya & NXT Women’s champion Bayley beat Sasha Banks & Tamina via submission with Natalya’s Sharpshooter on Tamina. Nattie was over and Bayley seemed to sell a lot of merch. I was impressed with how Banks played heal as well. Decent bout.
(7) U.S. champion Alberto Del Rio beat Fandango to retain the U.S. Title. Nothing much to see and I was a bit surprised at the total lack of crowd reaction. I guess they may have been getting tired by this point.
(8) Lucha Dragons (Kalisto & Sin Cara) beat The Ascension and Los Matadores after El Torito ran down to interfere. Lucha Dragons were the stars of the show and got the fans really into this match.
(9) Roman Reigns beat Bray Wyatt in a Street Fight to send the fans home happy after interference from all members of the six-man tag earlier in the night.
Reigns was mega-over as a babyface. It’s easy to see in this environment (even as not a big Reigns fan) why the company have high hopes for him.
– Biggest Pops: Reigns (by far), Ambrose, Usos.
– Most Heat: Barrett, Bray Wyatt. Couldn’t even put a third name to someone who generated heat, which is a disappointment.