SPOTLIGHTED PODCAST ALERT (YOUR ARTICLE BEGINS A FEW INCHES DOWN)...
TORCH TODAY – Sunday, November 8
– WWE’s European Tour continues Sunday with both shows in England. The tour with Ric Flair and formerly Seth Rollins is in Birmingham, while Roman Reigns’s tour stops in Liverpool. (Full European Tour Line-ups) (REPORTS WANTED to email@example.com)
– WWE NETWORK HIGHLIGHTS: WWE is airing last year’s Survivor Series PPV at 3:00 p.m. EST, then 8:00 and 11:00 p.m. It’s a chance to re-live Sting’s first-ever WWE appearance … which was omitted from a flashback video during last Monday’s Raw episode.
– Shawn Michaels made it very clear that he has no desire to wrestle again, not even at WrestleMania 32 in his home state of Texas. Asked on Twitter if he has the itch for WM32, Michaels simply replied, “No.” Michaels did note that he is scheduled to appear at The Big Event next weekend in New York. Tons of other wrestling stars are scheduled to appear.
– WWE Diva Eva Marie hung around Dallas to promote WM32 and sit courtside at the Mavericks NBA game Saturday night against the Pelicans from WM30 host city New Orleans. Eva snapped a photo with Mavericks owner Mark Cuban.
— WWE (@WWE) November 8, 2015
– Jeff and Jerry Jarrett reunited at a wrestling show Saturday night at the Nashville Fairgrounds. Jerry has been talking about getting back into the wrestling business, which follows Jeff starting up Global Force Wrestling.
– Jake “the Snake” Roberts is heading to Western Canada next week for his “Resurrection of Jake Roberts” promotional tour. Included is Wednesday, Nov. 11 in Medicine Hat. (Jake Interview)
– WWE’s YouTube channel held off Justin Bieber’s VEVO channel for the top spot on the U.S. YouTube chart for the Week of October 22-28, according to TubeFilter. WWE drew 102.467 million views, topping Bieber’s 95.563 million after he released a new music video. Worldwide, WWE ranked #4, trailing British singer Adele’s VEVO after she released a new music video.
– Xavier Woods credited Bill Alfonso for inspiring his trombone at ringside, following the footsteps of Alfonso constantly blowing his whistle at ringside during RVD and Sabu matches in ECW. Xavier said on the Sam Roberts Podcast that he, Big E., and Kofi Kingston improvise a lot because they are confident in themselves to take a chance, unlike other WWE wrestlers. He said their ultimate goal is a promo exchange with Paul Heyman. (Read the Full Interview Recap at PWPodcasts.com)