RECOMMENDED NEW PODCAST - EX-WWE CREATIVE TEAM MEMBER DISHES ON BACKSTAGE WWE OPERATIONS...
(Search "wade keller" to subscribe in podcast app)
– Attendance: 800-900. (They opened up more seats, including the balcony, than in the past.)
– Ring Announcer: Scarlett
– Commentary Team: Kevin Kelly & B.J. Whitmer.
(1) Survival of the Fittest Qualifying match: Christopher Daniels beat Kenny King, Mark Briscoe, and Hanson in a four-way match by pinning Briscoe.
(2) Survival of the Fittest Qualifying match: Roderick Strong beat Cedric Alexander.
(Commentary: Kevin Kelly solo.)
(3) Survival of the Fittest Qualifying match: Milwaukee’s own Silas Young (w/Beer City Bruiser) beat Dalton Castle and Adam Page (w/B.J. Whitmer) in a three-way match by pinning Castle.
Post-match, Silas and Bruiser beat down Dalton. Refs had to come down to break it up.
(Commentary Team: Kevin Kelly & Adam Cole.)
(4) ROH tag champions The Kingdom (Matt Taven & Mike Bennett w/Maria Kanellis) beat IWGP Jr. Hvt. tag champions ReDragon (Kyle O’Reilly & Bobby Fish) to retain the ROH Tag Titles. The Kingdom retained when Taven pinned O’Reilly after Adam Cole interfered. ReDRagon had the belts won at one point, but Maria pulled Todd Sinclair out of the ring.
Post-match, Adam Cole and Kyle O’Reilly got into a brawl. Agents and refs had to break it up.
Kevin Kelly was in the ring. He said Mr. Wrestling III would be in the commentary booth. (It was Steve Corino under a mask.)
(5) Survival of the Fittest Qualifying match: Jay Briscoe beat Frankie Kazarian, Ray Rowe, and Rhett Titus in a four-way match when Briscoe pinned Titus.
– Adam Cole cut a promo on Kyle O’Reilly.
(6) Survival of the Fittest Qualifying match: Michael Elgin beat Adam Cole and Moose (w/Stokely Hathaway) in a three-way match. Kyle O’Reilly came down to distract Adam Cole while Cole was on the top rope.
Post-match, Cole superkicked a ref that looked like Carrot Top for trying to bring him ice packs.
The ring crew came out after this match the fix something under the ring. The show continued with a broken board in the middle of the ring, which made things interesting.
(7) Survival of the Fittest Qualifying match: A.C.H. beat Matt Sydal to win their Best-of-Five Series 3-2.
(8) Bullet Club (A.J. Styles & The Young Bucks) beat The House of Truth (ROH World champion Jay Lethal & J. Diesel & Donovan Dijak w/Truth Martini and Taeler Hendrix) in a six-man tag match. Styles pinned Lethal to win the match.
Post-match, A.J. posed with the belt and then placed the belt on Lethal’s chest. Jay Lethal closed the show calling out A.J. setting up Final Battle in December.
Survival of the Fittest Finals for Saturday night: Christopher Daniels vs. Roderick Strong vs. Silas Young vs. Jay Briscoe vs. Michael Elign vs. A.C.H.