SPOTLIGHTED PODCAST ALERT (YOUR ARTICLE BEGINS A FEW INCHES DOWN)...
TORCH TODAY – Saturday, December 19, 2015
– Brock Lesnar is back in the ring Saturday night in Los Angeles at The Forum (not Staples Center). Plus, ROH has post-PPV TV tapings. (Full Saturday Events Center with even more events) (Reports Wanted to email@example.com.)
– WWE top star John Cena continues to build to his in-ring return via social media. Cena also endorsed NXT.
It is always heartbreaking to be away from the @WWE but gives me great pride to see the success of many new faces as well as @WWENXT #evolve
— John Cena (@JohnCena) December 19, 2015
– WWE CEO Vince McMahon, Big Show, R-Truth, and Alicia Fox traveled to Afghanistan as part of the annual overseas U.S. military goodwill tour around the time of the “Tribute to the Troops” special.
Check me out with @VinceMcMahon and the #WWE wrestlers in Afghan last night @JoeyStyles @TripleH @StephMcMahon pic.twitter.com/IY3Tlo7ETc
— Mike Gilbert (@GetUpMike) December 19, 2015
– Also related to the military, WWE noted that executive Stephanie McMahon was awarded the “USO Metro Golden Boot Award” for WWE’s fundraising efforts to the USO. (Details)
– Santana Garrett lost the SHINE Women’s Title and NWA World Women’s Title on back-to-back weekends. Amber O’Neal is the new NWA Women’s champion. (Read the Details)
– New Japan held their prelude to the Tokyo Dome Show on Saturday, which included BUSHI winning the CMLL Welterweight Title from Mascara Dorada. The main event featured a tag clash between Tanahashi and Kazuchika Okada heading into the Tokyo Dome main event. (Full Results via PuroresuSpirit.net)
– Ring of Honor released several post-match interviews with wrestlers from Final Battle on their Facebook page. (Report on why The Kingdom dropped the Tag Titles)
– WWE star Titus O’Neil was profiled by the Florida publication TBO.com about his Christmas program for local charities and children facing financial difficulties. The story was picked up by Fox Sports.
– Former UFC fighter turned independent wrestler Matt Riddle helped out a family in New York whose house caught fire around Thanksgiving. Riddle was part of a fundraiser to help the family get back on their feet. (Full Story)
– NXT champion Finn Balor was interviewed about his support of the Tottenham Spurs EPL team. Balor noted he tries to keep up with the Spurs while training at the Performance Center in Florida. (Full Interview)
– King Barrett wants nothing to do with a Superstar of the Year nomination for the Slammys. After the up-and-down year Barrett had, he would rather earn a nomination with a great year.
Go home @WWE, you're drunk. https://t.co/qagOAGFWhp
— Stu Bennett (@WadeBarrett) December 19, 2015
RT to HAIL King @WadeBarrett by voting for him as #Superstar of the Year! #SLAMMY https://t.co/1n5awyl3EO
— WWE (@WWE) December 19, 2015
– WWE’s website published a “Where Are They Now?” feature on former Spirit Squad member Kenny Dykstra, who noted he is still wrestling on the independents, but mainly doing outside projects, including writing children’s books and fitness competitions.
– “Bushwick,” the new movie starring Dave Bautista, has signed up the band Aesop Rock to provide music for the movie. Bautista is listed as an executive producer for the movie, which is being filmed in New York City.
– The New York Times released an interesting road story on the pro wrestling industry in Guatemala. Included is a look at luchadors making about $15 on the weekends to supplement their weekday jobs. (Report at NYTimes.com)
– Big 12 commissioner Bob Bowlsby attended the latest Hall of Fame ceremony in Waterloo, Iowa this week at the Dan Gable Wrestling Museum. (Local News Report)
– Radio host Sam Roberts released a video interview with NXT star Carmella recorded at WWE’s Performance Center.
Leave a Reply