SPOTLIGHTED PODCAST ALERT (YOUR ARTICLE BEGINS A FEW INCHES DOWN)...
TORCH TODAY – Saturday, October 24
– Daniel Vidot, the former Australian rugby player, announced on social media that WWE offered him a three-year developmental contract after completing a try-out this week. “They’re keen to sign me,” Vidot announced. “Three year deal, is what it’s looking like but won’t be ’til a couple of years away. But first, finish off my rugby contract, then, am looking to do the big switch.”
Vidot’s announcement got tons of international media coverage. Fox Sports Australia, 9 News in Australia, TV New Zealand, the New Zealand Herald, and ABC News in Australia all covered the story. Vidot has the look to be a star down the road.
– NXT was previously viewed as a step down for many TNA veterans. Now that NXT has grown in such a short period of time, former TNA Hvt. champion Bubba Ray Dudley commented on how things have changed.
“Yes, it’s a developmental system that’s meant to mold up-and-coming talent, but it’s also become its own promotion. That’s the best of both worlds,” Ray told Matt Fowler of IGN.com in a new interview. “It’s great for rising wrestlers who are just getting their first taste of the business and it’s also great for guys like a Samoa Joe or a James Storm because it’s another place for wrestlers to go and work. Joe’s been doing great there and I’m sure Storm will be amazing. And it seems like wrestling fans all over the world are really hot about NXT. It works on all levels.”
– WWE stars The Undertaker, Seth Rollins, and Charlotte are set for the Tulsa Comic Con on Saturday morning and afternoon. The full schedule of events at the Cox Business Center includes Q&As, signings, and more.
– Bill Goldberg is scheduled to attend a screening for the new action movie “Check Point,” which features Goldberg in a supporting role. The screening is set for Saturday afternoon at the Comic Con in Santa Fe, New Mexico at Buffalo Thunder Resort & Casino. The time is 3:00 p.m. in Room A.
– SATURDAY EVENTS: WWE NXT is at the “Aftershock” Festival in Sacramento, Calif. … ROH wraps “Glory by Honor” Weekend with a live show in Dayton, Ohio. … Chikara’s four-show weekend tour continues in Indiana. … FIP hosts Night 2 of their 16-team trios tournament on iPPV through WWNLive.com. … Big Time Wrestling tours Barre, Vermont with Kevin Nash, Shelly Martinez, and Eddie Edwards. … (Full Weekend Events Center Break Down) (Reports Wanted to firstname.lastname@example.org)
– WWE NETWORK HIGHLIGHTS: The only new show on Saturday is “This Week in WWE,” which airs at 3:00, 8:00, and 11:00 p.m. EST. The Network is also airing new shows from earlier in the week, such as Table for 3, Superstars, and NXT.
– The Back Breakers Training Center is hosting a free try-out at their facility in Scranton, Pa. on Sunday afternoon. The deal is prospective students get a discount on full tuition if they pass the free try-out. (Try-out Details)