RECOMMENDED FREE NEW PODCAST - RAW POST-SHOW WITH KELLER...
(Search "wade keller" to subscribe in podcast app)
TORCH TODAY – Sunday, November 22
– Survivor Series Sunday has arrived. It’s been 25 years for The Undertaker going back to the 1990 Survivor Series. Amazing run. Elsewhere, will Roman Reigns leave as WWE champion? How about someone else to keep Reigns on the chase? Those are the two options in the betting world, where Survivor Series odds have now been released to see what insiders are predicting. Reigns is a slight -215 favorite vs. The Field at +165 to win the WWE Title tournament. Oddsmakers are predicting a finals of Reigns vs. Dean Ambrose.
– WWE NETWORK SCHEDULE: The Survivor Series pre-show is at 7:00 p.m. EST, the PPV is at 8:00 p.m., and a new episode of “Breaking Ground” premieres at 11:00 p.m. Also, WWE is airing Undertaker content throughout the day leading up to the PPV.
– Eric Young, a long-time TNA veteran, said it’s time for TNA to pick a direction now that they’re moving to Pop TV, which he sees as a positive for the company. “They have to decide a direction and go there and march,” EY said on the Busted Open satellite radio show. “We can’t say, ‘Oh, we’re doing this now’ and throw 20 things against the wall. Then, six weeks down the road, maybe those things aren’t working right away and then re-do it all and start again. We’re spinning our tires. We have to just decide a direction, decide who we’re using, decide what we’re doing, decide who we’re showcasing, what we’re trying to give the wrestling fans, and then give it to them on a consistent basis. That’s the biggest thing for me is consistency. That’s sort of like accountability. When you tune into Impact, you’re getting a great wrestling match. You’re getting a great storyline, you’re getting a good women’s match. It’s the ultimate variety show.” [ FYI: Busted Open airs three times per week on SiriusXM Rush 93 and on the SiriusXM App ]
– “Hacksaw” Jim Duggan was interviewed by the Times Union (N.Y.) newspaper. The wide variety of Q&A topics included Duggan commenting on working for Vince McMahon. “Are you good friends with your boss? Your boss is your boss. Some guys get fired from the WWF and would say they got treated like a piece of meat. You want a friend? Go buy a puppy. If you work for Vince, sooner or later – unless you’re The Undertaker – you are going to hear the flushing sound. My good friend Roddy Piper – he got fired so many times!” Duggan said later in the Q&A that he was devastated by Piper’s death earlier this year.
– HallofVeryGood.com revisited the 2005 Survivor Series in Detroit for a look-back to former MLB player Dmitri Young getting the business from Edge & Lita during a promo. Young was a member of the Detroit Tigers at the time.
– TNA has booked British rock band Chasing Cadence for their European Tour in January 2016. The group will perform live on the tour dates in Manchester, London, and Birmingham, reports The Mirror newspaper.
– Ricky Steamboat visited the Powhatan (Va.) high school wrestling team while in-town for Big Time Wrestling’s show on Saturday night. Steamboat demonstrated some amateur wrestling holds with the team. (Thanks to Glen Thomas)