SPOTLIGHTED PODCAST ALERT (YOUR ARTICLE BEGINS A FEW INCHES DOWN)...
WWE wrapped up this weekend’s house show tour Sunday night in Mobile, Ala. featuring WWE World Hvt. champion Roman Reigns in the main event.
WWE Live show results
January 10, 2016
Report by PWTorch correspondent Kavontae Smalls
The arena was half-full and the crowd was into the action throughout the night.
(1) The Wyatts (Luke Harper & Braun Strowman & Erick Rowan) beat The Dudleys & Tommy Dreamer in a six-man tag match. The Dudleys worked most of the match. The finish came when Harper hit his spinning clothesline on Dreamer for the win.
(2) Jack Swagger beat Bo Dallas via submission. Bo cut a quick pre-match promo to generate heat. He claimed that Alabama winning the National Championship on Monday was only a dream, which was met with boos. Both guys played up to the crowd throughout, which kept them really engaged. The finish came when Swagger ended his comeback with the Anklelock for the win.
(3) Goldust & Fandango beat The Ascension (Konnor & Viktor). Ascension dominated until Fandango made the hot tag to Goldust, who hit Shattered Dreams for the win.
A video for Connor’s Cure aired.
(4) Divas champion Charlotte beat Becky Lynch to retain the Divas Title. Very good match, and technically sound with a series of holds, pinning maneuvers, and suplexes throughout, similar to what we’ve seen recently on TV. Charlotte was firmly in her heel role, even threatening to leave mid-match after Becky made a comeback. Lynch has really grown into her babyface role exuding plenty of energy – in a Bayley kind of way. The finish came when Charlotte held the tights in a roll-up for the win.
(5) Kane beat Bray Wyatt. Standard brawling style match between these two, and clunky at times. The finish came when the Wyatts came down, the Dudleys & Dreamer ran down to help, Harper took a 3D, and Kane reversed Sister Abigail from Bray into a chokeslam for the win.
(6) Neville beat Adam Rose. Rose received very little reaction from the live crowd. It was a rather non-eventful match outside of the Red Arrow, which granted Neville the win.
Next was a Tag Title semi-main event. The crowd was really into New Day. Probably the pop of the night to this point. And, for those wondering, Big E. still cut his “Don’t you dare be sour” promo live for a house show prior to coming out. The Usos garnered equal fan support. New Day did their usual antics (including the trombone), but there was no pre-match promo.
(7) WWE tag champions New Day (Xavier Woods & Kofi Kingston w/Big E.) beat The Usos (Jimmy & Jey) to retain the WWE Tag Titles. Fun match, as the teams played to the crowd often throughout. The finish came when Big E. distracted one of the Usos while Xavier scored a roll-up holding the tights for the win. Post-match, the Usos ruined New Day’s victory celebration that ended with a big splash on Big E.
(8) WWE World Hvt. champion Roman Reigns beat Sheamus to retain the WWE World Title. Sheamus cut a quick pre-match promo demanding respect. Reigns received a good pop once Eden Stiles announced he’s from Pensacola, Florida, which is just up the road. Standard match between these two as we’ve seen on TV throughout the fall. The finish came when Reigns hit the spear on Sheamus.
Reigns cut a quick post-match promo saying he loves wrestling in the South. His mom was also sitting ringside and he showed her some love.