TNA Slammiversary PPV News & Notes 6/12
– Bobby Lashley captured the TNA Hvt. Title from Drew Galloway in the Slammiversary main event.
The finish was Galloway became unresponsive to the referee while locked in a submission, forcing the ref to call the match. The PPV went off the air with Lashley celebrating with the title while medics checked on Galloway to sell the ending.
– There were two other title changes.
Eddie Edwards captured the X Division Title from Trevor Lee in a four-way opener also involving Andrew Everett and D.J. Zema.
Also, Sienna (former Allysin Kay) captured the Knockouts Title from Jade in a three-way match also involving Gail Kim. Gail was added to the match as part of Maria Kanellis selling a hand injury to avoid facing Gail. During the ending of the match, Marti Belle cost her former Dollhouse tag partner Jade the match.
– In the other title matches, Eli Drake retained the King of the Mountain Title against Bram and The Decay retained the TNA Tag Titles against the Bro-Mans.
– Jeff Hardy beat Matt Hardy in a wild brawl that ended with Jeff sending Matt through a table via Swanton Bomb. Matt played up his maniacal heel character during the match, including bringing out a giant electric keyboard symbolically trying to “erase” Jeff.
After the PPV, Matt Hardy released a six-minute video of him standing in his hotel room wearing his crazy jacket unable to find the words after losing to Jeff. Matt alternated between sneering, clenching his fists, banging his head against the hotel room wall, and contemplating evil thoughts.
– Ethan Carter III beat Mike Bennett in their grudge match that was heavily-promoted on TV.
– TNA hyped the next Hall of Fame announcement this Tuesday on Impact.
– The PPV opened with a moment of silence for victims of a terrorist attack earlier in the day in the city of Orlando, where Slammiversary was held.