The following article was originally published five years ago this week on PWTorch.com…
TNA show results
April 19, 2014
Report by Jim H., PWTorch correspondent
I’d say there were 800-1,000 in attendance. Seemed like a slightly larger crowd than in Concord last night. It was definitely a hotter crowd.
(1) Gunner beat James Storm in a Winston-Salem Street Fight. Gunner thanked the veterans and led the crowd in the Pledge of Allegiance pre-match. The weapons used were a chair, a garbage can, a broom, a “Caution: Wet Floor” sign, a bucket of popcorn, and a half-full cup of soda. Gunner won after hitting his finisher after sending Storm head-first into a chair set up between the second and third turnbuckles.
(2) Knockouts champion Madison Rayne beat Gail Kim to retain the Knockouts Title. Gail cut a promo saying that moms shouldn’t act and dress like Madison. Madison took exception to this. Madison won with a spear.
(3) Ethan Carter III (w/Rockstar Spud) beat Mr. Anderson. Anderson had EC3 pinned with a Mic Check, but Spud put EC3’s hand on the ropes. Anderson got distracted by Spud, and EC3 rolled up Anderson with his feet on the ropes for additional leverage and Spud holding his feet on the ropes for even more leverage to get the pin.
After the match, Anderson hit the Mic Check on Spud. A security guard carried Spud to the back. Anderson said that the mayor of Winston-Salem had banned Spud from ever returning to the city. Spud flipped him off on his way out.
(4) Samoa Joe beat Magnus 2-1 Falls in a two-out-of-three falls match. Samoa Joe came out first this time. Magnus snuck up on him from behind and beat him down with a pipe. He threw Joe into the ring and ordered the referee to ring the bell. He pinned Joe. He tried to pin him again after the mandatory ten-second rest between falls, but Joe kicked out. Magnus argued with the referee. Joe rolled him up for a pin. They went back and forth for a while after this. Joe made Magnus tap out for the decisive fall with the rear naked choke.
(5) The Wolves (Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards) beat TNA tag champions Bro-Mans (Robbie E. & Jessie w/D.J. Zema) via DQ; Bro-Mans retained the Tag Titles. Early comedy turned into domination by the Wolves. Davey had Jesse pinned, but D.J. Z pulled the referee out of the ring before he could count to three and the Bro-Mans were disqualified. The Wolves tried to exact revenge on D.J. Z, but the Bro-Mans pulled him to safety before any harm was done. The Wolves then put on the Bro-Mans’s sunglasses. They put D.J. Z’s glasses and headset on referee Stiffler. and they all danced.
(6) Bully Ray beat Bobby Roode in a Tables match. Bully warmed up the crowd with a “Bobby Sucks” chant. He said that we did not want to see just a wrestling match. He asked us what kind of match we wanted to see. Roode asserted that he wanted just a wrestling match. But, the crowd wanted a tables match, so that’s what we got. One table was used in the match. Roode tried to hit the Roode Bomb through the table, but Bully blocked it. Bully hit the Bully Cutter off the second rope and then powerbombed Roode through the table to pick up the win.
Afterwards, Bully brought a young girl into the ring and autographed a piece of the table for her and thanked us all for coming. He then took pictures with fans in the ring.
Interestingly, Willow/Jeff Hardy was not here for this show. Hardy was at Friday’s show in Concord, but not on the card tonight.
– Bully Ray