SPOTLIGHTED PODCAST ALERT (YOUR ARTICLE BEGINS A FEW INCHES DOWN)...
WWE PPV Social Media Tracking
– January 24 (Royal Rumble): WWE’s Royal Rumble PPV was topped by the return of the “X-Files” series on Fox, which followed the NFC Championship Game, according to Nielsen’s Twitter TV Ratings.
The Rumble drew a unique Twitter audience of 2.886 million, slightly beaten by The X-Files’s 2.910 million among series & specials.
WWE’s PPV won the other big category of total impressions, though, totaling 37.848 million compared to 17.848 million for X-Files.
The Rumble drew 94,000 unique authors tweeting about the PPV 519,000 times, a rate of 5.5 tweets per person. That’s up from Raw’s average of 4.5 tweets with more things to tweet about compared to an average Raw episode.
– In comparison to recent years, this year’s Rumble was down from last year, which was driven by anger over Roman Reigns winning, but up from two years ago when Batista won.
- 2015 Rumble: 3.275 million
- 2016 Rumble: 2.886 million
- 2014 Rumble: 2.430 million
- 2015 Rumble: 47.348 million
- 2016 Rumble: 37.848 million
- 2014 Rumble: 27.082 million