SPOTLIGHTED PODCAST ALERT (YOUR ARTICLE BEGINS A FEW INCHES DOWN)...
WWE Stock Track 2016
Week 12 – March 21-24
– Friday, March 25: The stock market is scheduled to close in observance of Good Friday.
– Thursday, March 24: Closing Price of $17.12 per share, down one percent from Wednesday.
The week closed with another slight drop-off, matching the results from Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.
The stock fell as low as $16.94 per share, the first time under $17 since March 2.
Also notable on Thursday is that popular TV financial analyst Jim Cramer balked at WWE when asked about entertainment industry stocks. Ironically, Cramer picked Time Warner – the former parent company of WCW, which WWE bought 15 years ago this week – over WWE in a head-to-head comparison.
‘World Wrestling is a checkered company and sometimes I think what you want to do is buy best of breed. World Wrestling versus Time Warner, how about that? Buy Time Warner,” Cramer said on “The Street” financial TV show.
– Wednesday, March 23: Closing Price of $17.35 per share, down one-and-a-half percent from Tuesday.
The pattern continued of less than one percent, one percent, and more than one percent declines the first three days of the week.
– Tuesday, March 22: Closing Price of $17.62 per share, down one percent from Monday’s close.
– Monday, March 21: Closing Price of $17.83 per share, down about one percent from last Friday’s close.
2016 WWE STOCK SCORESHEET
- 2016 Open: $17.44 per share
- Latest Close: $17.12 per share (3/24)
- Current 52-Week Range: $13.01 – 23.63
- 2016 High Points: $18.93 (3/17), $18.42 (1/26)
- 2016 Low Point: $14.20 (2/11); $15.66 (2/10)
- 2016 Initial Market Value: $1.34 billion
- Current Market Value: $1.30 billion (3/24)
- 2016 Market Value Low Point: $1.11 billion (Week of 2/8)
- 2016 Market Value High Point: $1.36 billion (Week of 1/25, Week of 3/14)