SPOTLIGHTED PODCAST ALERT (YOUR ARTICLE BEGINS A FEW INCHES DOWN)...
Weekly WWE Stock Track
– Friday, October 30: Closing Price of $17.83 per share, up 2.5 percent from Thursday’s big sell-off.
The stock dipped as low as $17.22, but climbed above $18 to $18.09 during the trading day.
It will be interesting to see if this leads to a rebound next week, or if the stock continues to hover around $18 in the near future.
– Thursday, October 29: WWE shares closed at $17.39 on financial day, down 13 percent from Wednesday’s closing of $19.95.
The stock dipped as low as $17.21. The highest point was $18.71, a full dollar less than Wednesday’s close because of a pre-market sell-off when WWE released earnings.
WWE beat revenue and earnings projections for the quarter, but the opinion of financial analysts is WWE did not show enough Network growth and their lack of a Network forecast for 2016 hurt confidence in WWE stock.
The result was WWE closing at the lowest point since October 2.
WWE is prime for a rebound, though, if investors buy at a perceived bargain, especially when the stock was trading above $21 earlier in the week. It depends on how confident an investor would be in WWE’s upside if the Network takes off in 2016.
– Wednesday, October 28: Closing Price of $19.95 per share, down 1.8 percent from Tuesday’s close leading into financial day.
– Tuesday, October 27: Closing Price of $20.32 per share, down 2.3 percent from Monday.
– Monday, October 26: Closing Price of $20.81 per share, virtually unchanged from $20.82 on Friday.
The stock jumped as high as $21.33 per share.
Updated 2015 Scoresheet
2015 High – $23.63 (Aug. 6)
2015 Low – $9.82 (Jan. 20 – 52-week low)
52-Week Range – $9.82-23.63
Current Market Value – $1.35 billion (down from $1.58 billion last week)