WWE Raw TV News & Notes 11/30
– WWE presented a WWE Title match on short notice at the top of the third hour. Sheamus ended up retaining the WWE Title against his TLC PPV opponent, Roman Reigns.
The idea was that Reigns had to win the title within 5:15 – the amount of time that Reigns held the title before Sheamus cashed in Money in the Bank at the Survivor Series PPV.
With Reigns lining up victory in the final minute, Rusev interfered, causing a DQ. Reigns winning the match also allowed Dean Ambrose to retain his IC Title shot against Kevin Owens and the Usos retain a Tag Title shot against New Day at the TLC PPV.
– In the process of retaining the WWE Title, Sheamus formed a new stable with U.S. champion Alberto Del Rio, Rusev, and King Barrett called the League of Nations.
The quartet teamed with New Day to defeat Reigns, Ambrose, and The Usos in a handicap match in the eventual TV main event.
– Ric Flair made a special appearance on Raw to be in Divas champion Charlotte’s corner for a singles match against Becky Lynch. Charlotte teased a heel turn by using Flair’s heel tactics to trick her friend, Becky, into losing. This followed their former teammate, Paige, trying to stir up trouble.
– Tommy Dreamer returned to WWE TV to reunite with the Dudleys in their fight against The Wyatts.
This will lead to Bubba Ray vs. Bray Wyatt this Thursday on Smackdown, with Dreamer advertised.
– Rusev and Lana reunited on WWE TV as an engaged heel couple. Lana, who had been off TV for a few months after injuring her wrist, was positioned as Rusev’s love interest again after announcing on Miz TV that she forgave Rusev for treating her terribly.
– IC champion Kevin Owens did not appear on the show.