WWE MAIN EVENT #328
JANUARY 9, 2019
AIRED ON HULU STREAMING TV
REPORT BY MIKE MEYERS, PWTORCH CONTRIBUTOR
Host: Scott Stanford
REASONS TO WATCH…
- The soothing, non-threatening presence of Scott Stanford.
- Scott Stanford’s necktie really pops.
- Might be the last time you see Scott Stanford for a while, so drink it in.
Amidst reports of EC3 and Lacey Evans making their debuts at the pre-Raw taping on Jan. 7, 2019, the next episode of Main Event looked to be eventful! Instead, we are looking down the barrel of another recap rifle, brandished by Scott Stanford. If the NXT wrestlers aren’t going to make their TV debut yet, it appears WWE doesn’t want their star power to be diminished by appearing on the C-level program.
-On with the recap session:
- Replay of John Cena, Finn Balor, & Seth Rollins vs. Drew McIntyre, Dean Ambrose, & Bobby Lashley from Raw
- Replay of Hulk Hogan’s celebration of Gene Okerlund’s life from Raw, including Okerlund Tribute Video
- Replay of “A Moment of Bliss” with special guest Ronda Rousey from Raw
- Replay of Sasha Banks vs. Nia Jax (winner faces Rousey at Royal Rumble) from Raw
- Replay of Seth Rollins vs. Dean Ambrose (IC Champion) falls-count-anywhere Intercontinental Title match from Raw
- Replay of bizarre Braun Strowman / Brock Lesnar interaction from Raw
- Replay of Becky Lynch vs. Charlotte Flair vs. Carmella (winner faces Asuka at Royal Rumble) from Smackdown
SHOW SCORE (0-10): 0.9
MEYERS’ FINAL THOUGHTS: I’m curious if the EC3 and Evans matches will ever see the light of day, or if those exploits were only for the Raw live crowd. So long as the NXT wrestlers continue warming up pre-Raw, we will be left with more Main Event recap shows. No reason to watch this episode, unless you dodged the five hours of live WWE TV and want a compressed recap of the main storylines. That doesn’t sound so bad, actually…