WWE HELL IN A CELL POST-SHOW - LIVE CALLERS INSTANT BACKLASH...
(Search "pwtorch" to subscribe in podcast app)
New Japan’s post-Tokyo Dome Show on Tuesday turned into a post-WrestleMania Raw with the number of developments taking place the night after the biggest show of the year.
A rundown of the “New Year’s Dash” results can be read at PuroresuSpirit.net.
– A.J. Styles is out of the Bullet Club. A big angle unfolded after Styles & Kenny Omega beat IWGP IC champion Shinsuke Nakamura & YOSHI-HASHI.
After Omega won the match, he turned on Styles, bringing out the rest of the Bullet Club members. After an initial split, everyone turned on Styles, “firing” him from the group. Omega has assumed the leadership role.
Although Styles has not signed a deal with any promotion at this point, this appeared to be Styles’s write-off from New Japan. He was helped out of the ring to cheers from the crowd, having earned their respect during his run.
Meanwhile, Omega stated his intentions to go after the IWGP Intercontinental Title held by Shinsuke Nakamura. Omega pinned Nakamura in the tag match, setting the stage for a future title match.
– Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows, who are expected to leave New Japan, remained with Omega in the Bullet Club faction. They also pinned the new IWGP tag champions Togi Makabe & Honma in a 10-man tag match earlier in the show.
Anderson & Gallows have a title re-match against Makabe & Honma at a date to be announced.
– In the IWGP World Title division, Hiroko Goto stated his desire to go after Kazuchika Okada.
– In the IWGP Jr. Hvt. Title division, BUSHI challenged KUSHIDA to a future title match.
– Tanahashi, who lost to Okada in the main event of Tokyo Dome, teamed with Michael Elgin and Mascara Dorada against Naito’s faction, but did not factor in the match decision.
– In the main event of New Year’s Dash, the first NEVER Openweight six-man tag champions Toru Yano & The Brisoces beat Bullet Club members Young Bucks & Bad Luck Fale to retain the titles.
The Briscoes declared that they have arrived in New Japan.
– ROH World champion Jay Lethal beat Juice Robinson in a preliminary match.
– Ricochet & Matt Sydal beat David Finlay & Jay White in a preliminary match.
– Outside of the ring, New Japan announced a business alliance with the “Amuse” talent agency. The goal is to make New Japan’s stars internationally-recognized big stars, referencing “The Rock” Dwayne Johnson as an example of a pro wrestler who turned into a major movie star.
New Japan is focusing on their Big Two of Tanahashi and Okada to find success in “entertainment activities other than wrestling.”