SPOTLIGHTED PODCAST ALERT (YOUR ARTICLE BEGINS A FEW INCHES DOWN)...
Brock Lesnar appeared on ESPN SportsCenter the week of WrestleMania last year and announced that he was re-signing with WWE and shutting the door on UFC.
Lesnar said during a UFC 200 media conference call Thursday afternoon that he regretted the decision to close the book on UFC and he could not live with the “what ifs?” anymore.
“I fought it for a while. I was sitting there one day on my property and I thought, ‘It’s just time. I can’t sit and think about this and be caught in this thought process of wanting, wishing, and wondering if I should do it. And, I’m a person who pulls the trigger. I don’t want any regrets. That’s how simple it is,” Brock said.
“I don’t want to spend the rest of my days on this earth wondering why I didn’t step back in the cage again. So, here we are.”
Lesnar said he’s not even thinking about whether there will be another fight after UFC 200. He said he’s just looking forward to stepping in the cage again and fighting for himself, not any fans or the paying audience.
“I’m waiting for that moment for the door to shut,” Brock said. “Ask me after the fight. I don’t know what’s going to happen. Right now, I’ve got one thing on my mind.”