SPOTLIGHTED PODCAST ALERT (YOUR ARTICLE BEGINS A FEW INCHES DOWN)...
TORCH TODAY – Thursday, November 19
– PWTORCH LIVECAST ALERT: PWTorch editor Wade Keller welcomes AWA and Nick Bockwinkel historian Mick Karch at 5:00 p.m. EST to discuss Bockwinkel, as well as hot topics of the day. Call in live or email at PWTorchLivecast.com.
– Look who arrived at Full Sail University on Thursday afternoon. WWE is taping NXT Thursday night. (Thanks to correspondents Josh Parry & @Jimbo1222.)
– Tonight on Syfy, WWE Smackdown completes the Survivor Series hype. WWE went to the Teddy Long playbook of a tag team main event featuring the Final Four of the WWE Title Tournament – Roman Reigns & Dean Ambrose vs. Kevin Owens & Alberto Del Rio. (Tucker’s In-person SPOILER Report) (Non-Spoiler Match Listing)
– WWE NETWORK HIGHLIGHTS: Undertaker Week concludes on the Network with Part 2 of the Legends Panel on Undertaker’s Greatest Rivals. JBL hosts the discussion with “Stone Cold” Steve Austin, Triple H, and Shawn Michaels. The episode is early-released at 5:00 p.m. EST, then on again at 10:00 p.m. EST following Smackdown.
– WWE is now marketing Survivor Series around Roman Reigns’s journey to the WWE Title. WWE sent out an email blast on Wednesday encouraging lapsed or prospective Network subscribers to start a free month Network subscription to see the completion of Reigns’s journey from WrestleMania to Survivor Series. Included is a video with a few rehearsed soundbytes from Reigns on not being denied, like at WM31.
– “Stone Cold” Steve Austin and Court Bauer had an interesting discussion on this week’s “Steve Austin Show” podcast about today’s WWE wrestlers going full-speed on house shows, which could be contributing to injuries and bodies breaking down on the schedule. The big example being WWE World Hvt. champion Seth Rollins tearing his knee on the first night of WWE’s European Tour. (Read the Full Recap at PWPodcasts.com)
– USA Today published a sneak-peek on “Central Intelligence” starring “The Rock” Dwayne Johnson and comedian Kevin Hart. The movie, which is due out June 2016, has a role reversal of Johnson playing a comedy role and Hart playing a completely un-funny accountant. “There were moments I had to pull back when I wanted to be funny. But it wasn’t my role in this film. That was his role,” Hart said. “It’s expanding the acting portfolio I am trying to build.”
– Former NFL player Brennan Williams’s journey from the NFL to potentially WWE was covered in-depth by Houston radio host Sean Pendergast for the Houston Press. This is a very strong article looking at Williams being cut by the New England Patriots two days after being signed, effectively ending his NFL career. Now, he’s training with Booker T in Houston, where he was originally drafted out of college, in hopes of making a WWE NXT try-out in January.
“I was drafted by the Texans so I could meet Booker T, I signed with Jacksonville so I could have a home in Florida near WWE’s developmental facility and I was signed by the Patriots to get that one week paycheck to pay my rent to train in Houston. That’s honestly how I see it,” Williams said. Williams, who says he watching Raw instead of football when he was called by the Patriots, already has ring entrance music, a gimmick, and his look mapped out. The article includes quotes from Williams, Booker, and Jim Ross.
– Jake Sharpless of Rukkus.com submitted an infographic on the Survivor Series PPV, specifically The Undertaker & Kane’s match record against and with each other. Also, a history of wrestlers who have won vacated titles. Randy Orton is the biggest beneficiary with three such wins…