SPOTLIGHTED PODCAST ALERT (YOUR ARTICLE BEGINS A FEW INCHES DOWN)...
Monday’s Raw scored the lowest Nielsen Twitter TV Rating of the year. It seems that the Road to WrestleMania lacked buzz for a second consecutive week following Shane McMahon’s big return two weeks ago.
WWE Raw Social Media Tracking 2016
March 7: Raw drew a unique Twitter audience of 1.250 million, down 11 percent from last week.
It was the smallest audience of the year, just a hair below the Raw against the college football title game on January 11.
- February 22: 2.802 million post-Fast Lane/Shane’s big return
- February 29: 1.407 million last week
- March 7: 1.250 million this week
– Total impressions were 10.180 million, almost identical to 10.207 million last week.
– The number of unique authors tweeting about Raw was 38,000, up slightly from 34,000 last week.
Total tweets were 186,000, up from 166,000 last week.
– Raw ranked #2 among series & specials on Monday night, trailing “The Bachelor” on ABC. Raw has yet to rank #1 this year.
If compared to one-off sports programming, Raw would have ranked #3 behind one NBA game and the Iona vs. Monmouth college basketball tournament finals game, which had just as much action, drama, showmanship, and suspense going down to the last play of the game.