Kota Ibushi might not have signed a full-time deal with WWE following the Cruiserweight Tournament, but he is returning to the company to take part in NXT’s big tag tournament.
WWE announced Ibushi and Hideo Itami as a tag team for the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic.
The Finals of the tournament take place at the “NXT Takeover: Toronto” special on November 19.
Leading into Takeover, the next NXT TV taping is scheduled for October 13 at Full Sail University. Ibushi & Itami will have their first round match at the taping since they were not part of matches at the previous tapings on September 15.
Dusty Tag Classic Teams (10/16)
- NXT tag champs The Revival
- Johnny Gargano & Tommaso Ciampa
- Hideo Itami & Kota Ibushi
- Bobby Roode & Tye Dillinger
- Cedric Alexander & Andrade “Cien” Almas
- Sanity (Sawyer Fulton & Alexander Wolfe)
- Authors of Pain
- Bollywood Boyz
- Tino Sabbatelli & Riddick Moss
— WWE NXT (@WWENXT) September 29, 2016