SPOTLIGHTED PODCAST ALERT (YOUR ARTICLE BEGINS A FEW INCHES DOWN)...
WWE Stock Track 2016
Week 5 – February 1-5
It was a tough week for WWE, as soft economic conditions seemed to affect WWE’s stock price. WWE ended the week down seven percent from last Friday’s closing price, shaving $0.10 billion off the market value.
– Monday, February 1: Closing Price of $17.80 per share, down half-a-percent from Friday’s close.
The stock climbed as high as $18.00 per share.
– Tuesday, February 2: Closing Price of $17.08 per share, down four percent from Monday.
The stock fell as low as $16.67 per share, returning to mid-January levels.
– Wednesday, February 3: Closing Price of $16.63 per share, down 2.6 percent from Tuesday.
The stock fell as low as $16.15 per share, drawing close to the 2016 low-point.
– Thursday, February 4: Closing Price of $17.01 per share, up two percent from Wednesday to regain some of the week’s losses.
WWE also declared its quarterly dividend. WWE did not deviate from its standard dividend of $0.12 per share for Class A and B shareholders, which will be paid on March 25.
– Friday, February 5: Closing Price of $16.57 per share, down 2.6 percent from Thursday.
The stock fell as low as $16.38 per share, ending the week on a low-note.
Overall, WWE ended the week down seven percent from last week’s close of $17.90 per share.
After this week’s soft performance, WWE’s stock is now valued at $1.26 billion, down seven percent from last week’s value of $1.36 billion.
2016 WWE STOCK SCORESHEET
- 2016 Initial Market Value: $1.34 billion
- 2016 Open: $17.44 per share
- Current 52-Week Range: $12.71 – 23.63
- 2016 High Point: $18.42 (1/26)
- 2016 Low Point: $15.83 (1/22)
- Current Market Value: $1.26 billion