EVOLVE 59 iPPV Results
April 2, 2016
WWNLive’s “More than Mania” weekend continued Saturday afternoon at 12:00 p.m. from Eddie Deen’s Ranch in Downtown Dallas.
The Internet PPV was available on WWNLive.com or through the Fite TV App. Unfortunately, there were streaming issues throughout the iPPV. The feed was down throughout the first-half of the show, resumed mid-way through, went down again, and was up-and-down for the final few matches and show-closing angle leading into the WWN Supershow on Saturday night.
Main Results from EVOLVE 59
– Drew Gulak & Tracy Williams beat EVOLVE tag champions Drew Galloway & Johnny Gargano to capture the EVOLVE Tag Titles. Galloway turned on Gargano, saying he doesn’t want any part of NXT (Gargano). Galloway vowed to take over EVOLVE.
– EVOLVE champion Timothy Thatcher tapped out to Marty Scurll in a non-title match as part of the USA vs. Europe series. Thatcher sold his injured elbow from the EVOLVE 58 show on Friday night.
– Matt Riddle submitted Zack Sabre, Jr. in a big singles match as part of USA-Europe.
– Ricochet pinned Will Ospreay in an outstanding main event to even the USA vs. Europe series at 2-2.
– The show closed with a giant angle involving the USA (Chris Hero) and Europe (Zack Sabre, Jr.) teams. Sabre wanted a multi-man tag match to close the show and break the tie, but Hero attacked him instead. Hero and Sabre meet on the WWN Supershow Saturday night.
The angle continued with Kota Ibushi officially returning to EVOLVE one night after appearing at the NXT: Takeover show. Ibushi set up his involvement in the traditional six-man tag match on WWN Supershow when he teams with Johnny Gargano and T.J. Perkins against Will Ospreay, Marty Scurll, and Tommy End. Ospreay refused to shake Ibushi’s hand.