-Adam Cole, Kyle O’Reilly, Bobby Fish, Lio Rush, and Donvoan Dijak all reported to the WWE Performance Center today, PWTorch has learned. O’Reilly, Fish, and Cole appeared at the end of NXT Takeover on Saturday night and beat down new NXT Champion Drew McIntyre. Donovan has also signed with WWE, after having announced an end of his indy bookings earlier this month.
-Roman Reigns told ESPN SportsCenter today that he would like to reunite with The Shield when the time is right. “Hopefully in the near future maybe. Not only to prolong my career maybe, because it does take it out of you running into those meatballs (his SummerSlam opponents of Samoa Joe, Brock Lesnar, and Braun Strowman) for 30 minutes at a time, but there’s just some kind of magic when the three of us get together and we’re just moving on all cylinders. It always seems to be a great time for the crowd.” READ MORE AT PWPODCASTS.COM
-Freedom Pro Wrestling’S “Summer Sizzler 2017” took place Saturday night, Aug. 19 in Nashville, Tenn. at the historic Fairgrounds. Stevie Richards, Doug Gilbert, Robbie E., Frank the Clown, Crazy Steve, Rockstar Spud, and Tony Falk were among the eclectic mix of name wrestlers on the show. Full results below:
- Kenny Olson, most notably from Kid Rock’s band, opened up the show with the National Anthem for the 2nd year in a row.
- Crazzy Steve defeated Shawn Shultz in a ladder match to become #1 contender for the Freedom Pro Wresting National Championship
- Out next came Frank The Clown from the WWE Network original series, Holy Foley. Frank recently got into a “Twitter War” with La Marka who promptly interrupted the WWE Network “star” and offered a truce. After Frank declined to shake his hand, he received a mandible claw for his trouble.
- Stevie Richards defeated Robbie E via Stevie Kick to retain the Freedom Pro Wrestling National Championship.
- Freedom Pro Wrestling Heavyweight Champion – CJ O’Doyle defeated MVP via pinfall to retain the title after hitting him with Vince Russo’s bat that was left at ringside. Russo appeared with CJ prior to the match and promised that CJ would deliver a win without any outside interference.
- Rhett Giddins won the Freedom Cup Battle Royal which also included: Rockstar Spud, The Dirt Sheet Posse (La Marka, KellerPlex, MeltzerDriver), Jeremiah Plunkett, The Bear, The Inner City Bad Boys, members of the local semi-pro football team and others.
- Rebel and Crimson defeated Aramis and Lea Nox in a mixed tag team match when Crimson pinned Aramis.
- Nick Nero defeated Doug Gilbert and Erik C. Jones in a triple threat match.
- Tony & LT Falk defeated Northern Aggression’s Greg Spitz & Teddy Fine in a Nashville Street Fight to win the Freedom Pro Wrestling Tag Team Titles when Kenny Olson hit Greg Spitz with a guitar.
NOW CHECK OUT THIS REPORT: WWE Summerslam HOLT Report: On-site correspondent details what off-air happenings
Send results and news tips to firstname.lastname@example.org