NXT LIVE EVENT REPORT
NOVEMBER 9, 2017
PHOENIX, ARIZ. AT COMERICA THEATRE
REPORT BY BRIAN ALSTON, PWTORCH VIP SUBSCRIBER
To warm up the Universe, we voted to watch Bayley vs. Sasha Banks from Takeover Brooklyn on th ebig screen. As good as I remember.
(1) The Street Profits beat Wesley Blake & Steve Cutler. Lots of stalling. Audience was asking “where’s Murphy?” “discount Murphy” & “who are you?” Montez sold for most of the match.
(2) Billie Kay pinned Vanessa Bourne. Vanessa was announced as coming from Scottsdale Arizona so she got a nice pop. Good work from both.
(3) Heavy Machinery defeated Sabbatelli & Moss. Nice action. Riddick and Tino heel work was good.
(4) Adam Cole beat Roderick Strong. Cole got a superstar reaction. Back and forth. Crowd was into the action.
(5) Lars Sullivan pinned Kassius Ohno. Great big man hard hitting contest.
(6) Peyton Royce defeated Kairi Sane, Ember Moon, and Nikki Cross in a Fatal Four-Way when Peyton pinned Ember. Tune-up for Houston. Billie Kay came out. After the match, the 3 women laid out the Iconic Duo.
(7) Aleister Black & Drew McIntyre beat Andrade “Cien” Almas & Velveteen Dream. McIntyre pinned Almas. Zelina Vega introduced Almas. Another great match. Afterwards, Drew got on the microphone and talked about how happy he is to be in NXT.
-Audience seemed to be the same size as the last time NXT came to town in May. Estimate 1,000.
-A lot of merchandise. Only main roster shirt was Balor Club. Crowd was wearing all types of shirts. Two guys were dressed up as the Young Bucks.
-A man and his six year old son sat near me. His first time at a wrestling show. The boy repeated all of my cheers.
QUICK TIPS FOR SENDING RESULTS
If you attend an arena event in future, either house shows or TV tapings, we encourage you to send us a report for publication. You can direct your reports to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We accept reports in any format, but if it’s not much trouble, please format your report like you see above, with the matches numbered like this (1) , (2) , (3) , with the opening line of each match paragraph stating who beat whom (don’t just say Wrestler A vs. Wrestler beat with the result listed later; instead, state up front who won so those readers who don’t have time to read the entire report (i. e. their boss walks past their cubicle all the time looking beat their shoulder) can at least quickly assess the results.
Also, please list tag teams using the “&” symbol as opposed to stating “and. ” Reserve use of ” and” when listing results in a three-way or four-way match where there are no teams (i. e. ” Wrestler A beat Wrestler B and Wrestler C in a three-way match” ) so it is easy to differentiate a handicap match from a three-way match.