SPOTLIGHTED PODCAST ALERT (YOUR ARTICLE BEGINS A FEW INCHES DOWN)...
– WWE sent out a notice that tickets for the post-WrestleMania Raw on Monday, April 4, 2016 in Dallas go on-sale Saturday morning at 10:00 a.m. CST local time in Texas. But, there is a pre-sale that begins Friday morning at 10:00 a.m. using the code DALLAS. (Thanks to VIP member James.) WWE is advertising John Cena, Roman Reigns, Sheamus, and Bray Wyatt for the show.
– Former CMLL and New Japan star La Sombra (Manuel Alfonso Andrade Oropeza) appears unmasked in an interview with Jim Varsallone of the Miami Herald talking about his decision to sign with WWE. La Sombra, who reported to the Performance Center without his mask, said he was ready for a new challenge after having a great career in CMLL. “Wrestling is my passion and what I love. Fans can expect me to bring my high-flying luchador techniques and a brand new character from my time in CMLL,” La Sombra said.
– NXT Women’s champion Bayley detailed how William Regal helped her advance her on-camera presentation to help her become one of the top women’s wrestlers in the industry. “He’s helped me a lot on facial expressions, promos, and stuff like that. He’s very detailed with the way somebody moves even in the ring or just little details you never really think of. Just for me it was facials and promos because that was my hardest task to overcome,” Bayley told wrestling announcer Kevin Gill in the latest episode of the Kevin Gill Show.
– Within a poorly-researched article on this year’s Raw TV ratings slide, the New York Post quoted an NBC Universal representative on WWE’s standing. “WWE programming delivers one of the most massive live audiences in cable on a weekly basis and is consistently a top performer for our networks,” NBCU was quoted. It’s a general way of saying Raw and Smackdown deliver a certain audience every week of the year to keep USA Network and Syfy atop the cable TV rankings.
– Licensing.biz reports that WWE has signed a merchandising agreement with Junk Food Clothing to “deliver a new collection of licensed apparel” featuring current stars and Legends. The clothing line includes graphic t-shirts and hoodies.