5/11 Lucha Underground Viewership – big shift in how LU arrived at nearly same audience as last week

By James Caldwell, PWTorch assistant editor


This week’s Lucha Underground episode produced a … “unique” mix of viewership with heavy concentration in the replay hour.

Lucha Underground Viewership Tracking

– May 11: Lucha Underground drew a combined audience of 177,000 viewers, very close to 180,000 viewers last week. How they got there is the interesting part.

Lucha only drew 96,000 first-run viewers, down from 138k last week. It was the second-fewest first-run viewers this year.

However, the replay jumped to 81,000 viewers, nearly doubling 42k last week. It was the second-most replay viewers this year.

– DEMOGRAPHICS: Lucha’s median age was 54.9 years-old, younger than last week.

However, the show only drew 29,000 adults 18-49 viewers in the first-run timeslot, the fewest of the year.

Also in the first-run airing, 90 percent of the audience was males 18-49, leaving only 10 percent females 18-49. Lucha tied for the fewest f18-49 viewers of the year.

Lucha has lost a considerable number of female viewers the past three weeks…

Female 18-49 Tracking

  • Weeks 1-13: average split of 76% m18-49 and 24% f18-49
  • Week 14: split of 84/16
  • Week 15: split of 91/9
  • Week 16: split of 90/10

3 Comments on 5/11 Lucha Underground Viewership – big shift in how LU arrived at nearly same audience as last week

  1. LU’s replay’s have been odd.
    But, that first hour original viewership number does not surprise me. I predicted that they were going to lose viewers after last week’s somewhat disturbing episode with themes of Women wrestlers bleeding. That turned off a lot of people and it showed.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*