SPOTLIGHTED PODCAST ALERT (YOUR ARTICLE BEGINS A FEW INCHES DOWN)...
WWE SMACKDOWN LIVE EVENT
DECEMBER 10, 2016
NORFOLK, VA. AT THE SCOPE
REPORT BY NICHOLAS CANNEL, PWTORCH CORRESPONDENT
There was a few changes to the card as A.J. Styles was taken off this weekend house shows due to his right ankle injury. The original main event was scheduled to be Styles vs, Dean Ambrose in a Street Fight for the World Title with James Ellsworth as Special Guest Timekeeper . During the intermission it was announced Dean Ambrose vs. Bray Wyatt in a Street Fight with no mention of A.J. not being here. Kane vs. Bray Wyatt was changed earlier in week to American Alpha vs. The Wyatt Family. Instead, at tonight’s show it was Dolph Ziggler vs. Luke Harper and American Alpha teamed up with the Hype Bros. As always the card is subject to change. Now onto the results.
(1) Heath Slater & Rhyno defeated Breezeango. Good opener with Rhyno hitting the Gore on Tyler for the win. Slater and Rhyno were both over and Tyler Breeze and Fandango were booed.
(2) Baron Corbin defeated Kalisto. Corbin got a mixed reaction and Kalisto was pretty over with crowd. They went back and forth a bit but Corbin hit the End of Days fairly quickly for the win.
They aired a promo from Dolph Ziggler hyping his match against Luke Harper.
(3) Apollo Crews defeated Curt Hawkins. Crews hit the Spin Out Powerbomb into a pin. Crews was pretty over while Hawkins received heat. Afterward Hawkins grabbed the mic and said he was not done here tonight and we all must face the facts and challenges anyone in the back, this led to Jack Swagger to come out.
(4) Jack Swagger defeated Curt Hawkins in less than a minute with the Ankle Lock.
(5) Dolph Ziggler defeated Luke Harper. This was a very good match that was back and forth with Harper having the upper hand mostly until Dolph stole the show and hit the Super Kick and Zig Zag to score the pinfall. Ziggler was really over as a fan favorite while Harper actually received some heat.
They announced the new main event would be Dean Ambrose vs Bray Wyatt in a Street Fight. A Wyatt promo then aired.
(6) American Alpha & The Hype Bros defeated The Vaudevillians & The Ascension in an Eight-Man Tag Match. Good tag action with Alpha hitting the Grand Amplitude on Aiden English for the win.
(7) Alexa Bliss defeated Carmella, Becky Lynch, and Natalya to retain the Smackdown Woman’s Championship in a Fatal Four-Way Match. Carmella had the Code Of Silence locked in on Natty, then Becky broke it up and applied the Disarm-Her on Carmella until Alexa knocked Becky out of the way and pinned Carmella using the ropes for leverage. Great work by all four ladies.
(8) Dean Ambrose defeated SmackDown Tag Champion Bray Wyatt (w/Luke Harper) in a ” Norfolk Street Fight.” Excellent match with kendo sticks and tables used. The ending came when Harper attacked Ambrose until James Ellsworth came out to make the save but ate a kick to the head from Harper. Ambrose knocked Harper out of the ring and Wyatt was about to give Ambrose the Sister Abigail but he reversed it into a roll up. Wyatt kicked out at two and finally Ambrose hit the Dirty Deeds for the win. Ambrose was over as the fan favorite and celebrated with the crowd and Bray Wyatt received a good reaction as he made his ring entrance as usual.
Final Thoughts: Overall great show with The Scope Arena having a decent attendance and hot crowd all night.
Please send any news tips and results to: firstname.lastname@example.org. For instance, let us know if you hear a pro wrestling reference on a popular talk show, see a pro wrestling related Tweet or Instagram from celebrity, hear an ad for matches advertised for an upcoming WWE event, or anything else pro wrestling related that’d be of interest to our readers. If you attend a live event, please send results. We don’t set up correspondents ahead of time and count on readers like you to send an email with a report on live events you attend – not just WWE, but also ROH, NXT, international groups. and anything else.